One hundred and forty nine projects have been nominated for the Alto Adige 2013 Architecture Awards. Organized every two years by the Fondazione Architettura Alto Adige, the award acknowledges the best projects completed in the region after 2008.
The jury, which is made up of Adolfo Natalini (Italy), Tom Vack (USA) and Axel Simon (Switzerland), has selected the 28 finalists, four in each category (public, housing, office & industry, tourism, open spaces, interior and renovation).
For the first time in the history of the Award, in addition to the jury's vote, the public will also have the opportunity to vote until November 18th.
Here are the finalists in the 'public' category:
Cultural Center in Ora
- Vertikale, the new climbing gym in Bressanone (Arch. Wolfgang Merano and stadtlabor)
- the parish centre “Mother Teresa of Calcutta” in Bolzano (Arch. Siegfried Delueg)
- The expansion of the provincial vocational school for social professions 'Hannah Arendt' in Bolzano (Claudio Lucchin & architetti associati Angelo Rinaldo e Daniela Varnier).
Near the Chapel
- The house Höller in Lana (Höller & Klotzner)
'office & industry' category:
- The Terlano Winery (Trojer Vonmetz Architekten)
Meran 2000 ski lift
- The Suisi-Alpe di Siusi car park and Silbernagel offices in Siusi (Arch. Lukas Burgauner)
- the hotel Residence Fischerwirt in Valdurna/Sarentino (Arch. Wolfgang Piller)
atelier “la cucina di Haidacher”
- the boutique Öhler-Woman in Bressanone (Bergmeisterwolf Architekten)
- The Burger Oberschmied house in Monguelfo (Stefan Hitthaler)
- The interior of the house W01 at Aicha (Arch Philipp Kammerer).
'open spaces' category:
The Bressanone ring road
- the external areas of Forte di Fortezza – labyrinth exhibition: Freedom (Arch. Christian Schwienbacher)
- The new centre of the village of San Martino in Passiria (Arch. Andreas Flora)
- The residential house in Vicolo San Giovanni/Bolzano (Arch. Susanne Waiz)
- The KINO / CINEMA ASTRA – EX GIL in Bressanone (Lanz + Mutschlechner - stadtlabor)
The online voting will be accompanied by a travelling exhibition with the 28 nominated projects: from 5 to 9 November, at the Free University of Bolzano (opening 5/11 at 6 pm) and from 11 to 20 November in the foyer of the hospital in Bolzano. The awards ceremony with the presentation of the 1st prize of the seven awards categories and of the people's choice will take place on occasion of the Festival of Architecture (November 21, 8pm, Auditorium Haydn in Bolzano).