Last updated: 05/24/2018
1. COOKIE: WHAT ARE THEY, AND WHY are THEY NEEDED
Cookies are text files saved on the desktop or mobile device of the user who is visiting the site. Cookies allow storage of some user information that enables easy reloading of the respective site during any subsequent visits by the user. In general, cookies are used to improve the services and browsing experience that the site can offer. Some cookies are strictly necessary for the functionality of the site, while others allow you to optimise the performance and offer a better experience to our user. Others can help the site to profile the user and offer personalised, targeted content. The permanence of the information transmitted through cookies can be variable, for example, limited to the duration of the single session, or permanently stored. Also, cookies can be installed directly by the site, or from external service (third-party cookies).
Cookies serve different purposes. Cookies allow a site, for example, to:
- Remember your login information
- Offer you safe browsing after a login
- Optimise the website performance by reducing the loading times of the pages you visit
- Improve the user experience
- Ensure a consistent appearance to the site
- Remember the list of your favourite products
- Remember the contents of your shopping cart
- Remember the order at the moment of your arrival on the site
- Allows you to use the "share" and "like" features
- Send information to other websites for the personalisation of their advertisements
- They make certain service, such as payment, possible, which otherwise would not work
- They allow a service to recognise your device, and to prevent you from repeatedly entering the same information during an activity
- They recognise that you have already provided a username and password when you are logged in to a listing, so you do not need to repeat this for every web page you request
- They calculate how many users are using the services at a certain moment in time, to facilitate their use and ensure the necessary capacity for a fast navigation
- They analyse the data that help us understand how to improve our services.
2. TYPE OF BROWSERS AND DEVICES SUPPORTED BY OUR COOKIES
The cookie system used by the site supports the most popular browsers and applications available on the market, enlisted below. The system cannot, however, guarantee the correct functioning of the service for browser versions or applications which are not updated or supported. In any case, for best results, we recommend that you download the latest version of your browser or app.
- Chrome version 48.0 and subsequent versions
- Firefox version 51.0 and subsequent versions
- Safari version 8 and subsequent versions
- Internet Explorer version 11
- Safari per iOS 8.1 and subsequent versions
- Chrome 28 and subsequent versions for iOS
- Samsung Browser 4.1 for Android
- Chrome 28 and subsequent versions for Android
- Internet Explorer Mobile for Windows Phone 8.1 and subsequent versions
- Safari for Ipad
- Android Browser
- IOS 8.1 and subsequent versions
- Android 3.3.0 and subsequent versions
3. WHICH COOKIES ARE INSTALLED BY THE SITE
3.1. Cookies installed directly by our site
The cookies installed by our site are cookies which:
a) Serve to technical purposes, being essential to ensure our platform is working properly; these cookies are used for purposes related to the provision of the service and to allow or improve the site navigation.
b) Serve to analytical purposes, being used to collect statistical information about the traffic and service use by the users, for example how many visitors have visited the site in a certain period of time, which pages have been visited, the duration of the visit etc.. This information is collected anonymously and it is not connected in any way with the personally identifiable information of users who have visited the site.
3.2. Cookies installed by third parties
Besides the cookies installed by the site, we use some third-party services that use external cookies. The purposes for which information is collected by these cookies are divided into the following types:
a) Analytical purposes, i.e. cooking serving to collect statistical information on the traffic and service use by the users, for example, how many visitors visited the site in a given period of time, which pages were visited, the duration of the visit etc.. This information is collected anonymously, and is not connected in any way with the personally identifiable information of the users who have visited the site. For this type of monitoring, we use the following third-party services: Google Analytics
b) Profiling purposes, i.e. cooking serving to collect information on users' browsing habits and to offer content and commercial messages in line with the actions taken by previous site browsing paths, including browsing on third-party websites (remarketing). This information is collected anonymously and is not connected in any way with the personally identifiable information of the users who have visited the site. For profiling activities, any personal data collected through such cookies is processed for a maximum period of 12 months from the moment the consent is given to this type of data processing. For this type of monitoring, we use the following third-party services: Google Adwords , Criteo.
5.2. For mobile / tablet / app browsing
a) Android: select "Google Settings"> "Google"> "Ads" and click on "Disable interest-based ads" or "Disable ad personalisation."
b) iOS: Visit the "Settings on your device" app or visit the Advertising and Privacy page on the Apple site.
6. COOKIES AND PRIVACY ACCORDING TO THE NEW GDPR