The #ModernismProject, a mobile initiative encouraging the Palm Springs Modernism Week community to get involved and capture modernism in their everyday lives through their photo lens anounces the first photo challenge. Twice a month, starting from today, until January, participants have the opportunity to win tickets to Modernism Week events or prizes by simply snapping a photo and showing their own personal perspective on modernism.
The prompt for this first challenge is #Architecture and #Archilovers have been invited to be the first guest architecture experts to decide the winner. You can start taking photos related to architecture and modernism now.
Here’s how to play:
- Follow modernism week on Instagram (search for user name Modernism_Week), the Modernism week blog, Facebook, and Twitter to follow the bi-monthly contest prompts. You can always visit this page for the most current prompt and the fine print too.
- Grab your smartphone.
- Photograph anything and everything related to architecture containing the tenets of modernism like function and utility, abstract beauty, sculptural form, symbolism, honesty in materials, use of modern materials and technology and add your favorite filter, tilt-shift, or boken flare.
- Upload it to your Instagram account, and add the hashtag #ModernismProject, as well as the hashtags #architecture and #archilovers so that we can track your submission by each contest. Feel free to submit more than one photo.
- We’ll announce the challenge prompt every 2ndand 4thThursday of the month, and announce a winner on the following Wednesday by tagging them on Instagram – so check your news feeds to see if you’ve won!
- Make them pretty, make them creative and dazzle us! We can’t wait to see what you come up with.
For more information click here