Llinares Ana Egea
1. Major objectives
- Make a house between party bioclimatic high level, with near-zero energy consumption, despite the terrible sun orientation (east-west), and poor shape (long and narrow).
- Make a house between party capable of regulating heat without heating or air conditioning.
- Facilitate a high level of industrialization in its construction, making shop much of the architectural components.
- Experiment with new structural materials for load-bearing walls, made of wood-cement blocks, large format and low weight, which may be filled with different materials, depending on your situation at work (sand, concrete, reinforcement, insulation, waste ).
- Demonstrate that the heating system more economical and efficient for high efficiency bioclimatic housing is based electric radiators, with nightly rate.
- Building a self-sufficient water housing an urban lot.
2. Architectural Solution
The house is built on a site between small, located in a small town of Valencia. The plot is very narrow and long, and has a very bad direction. The only facade is oriented northwest.
The northwest orientation necessarily the only facade heat the house in summer, due to sunlight in the late afternoon, so it must be a correct design of it to prevent it. Furthermore, the fact that housing is not available in any other facade housing makes it difficult to take advantage sunlight, both for lighting and for cooling, along the year. Keep in mind also that the environment is very hot and humid, and you want to build a house capable of regulating heat.
However, it has achieved an architectural solution, as ingenious as effective, allowing extraordinary behavior bioclimatic housing. So much so that the home does not need no heating or air conditioning, to meet the needs of its occupants.
In fact, this property shows that, by a studied and careful design, any building can have a bioclimatic perfect behavior, regardless of their orientation, and have a negligible energy consumption, or null.
The house has three levels. The ground floor is the living area, the first floor the bedrooms and the top floor is designed for families and visitors, as an independent living.
The entrance of the house is set back about five meters, in order to create a cool microclimate, and increase intimacy and privacy of the home, away from the houses opposite. The setback of the facade also protects the house from solar radiation from the west.
On the other hand is designed to fund a large yard of the lot with an east-west, in order to maximize the solar radiation in the south, especially in winter. Besides this large patio has a large central fireplace ready to capture a greater amount of solar radiation in winter and keep lit the central part of the house at all times. Solar radiation from large glass patio and solar chimney is more than enough for that, greenhouse, heated housing itself in winter.
This huge fireplace also serves to draw hot air from inside the house in summer (chimney effect). It also has had a labyrinthine space underneath the house, to keep it cool all summer. This is an ingenious and effective system cooling bioclimatic, which allows housing remains cool all summer without any energy consumption.
The house has a central recess triple height which overturned all rooms, offering an attractive none, and keeping the house lit, naturally, every day of the year, without any energy consumption.
3. Outstanding Innovations
- Using a cooling system architecture capable of maintaining the home cool all summer, despite their poor orientation.
- Construction of the walls based load large blocks of cement-voids. With these blocks, and without much cost surface, resolves the problem of isolation of the dividing walls.
- Housing self water. That is, no need to connect to the water supply system municipal (but have remained to have an alternative source of water, if necessary).
- Lighting based energy-efficient LEDs for night illumination housing
- Using bamboo floors in all housing, interior and exterior walls.
1 users love this project