Boluklu Upland Project
Conceptual framing for Boluklu Upland project depends on the following points.
· Interfere to the trees as minimum as possible
· Locate the site without damaging the natural topography
· Achieve easy production and construction by minding the feasibility of the site
· Look out for a principle of minimum space and maximum efficiency
· Minimize the carbon footprint
· Achieve sustainability in all manner
· Consider the profile of the potential users while deciding the level of comfort of the accommodation units and develop strategies according to the spirit of the site.
· Increase the spatial quality and lighten the structure by means of recent development of engineering and science of materials
· Consider the potential difficulty of construction and suggest methods and materials accordingly.
· Offer a new spatial experience to the users and reinforced the relationship of the users and natural site
· Convey the spirit of the site to the interior space
GENERAL DESIGN PRINCIPLES
Rather than luxury and comfort, new accommodation units and social infrastructures offer an experience mechanism that let the users fell the spirit of the site.
The relationship between the built environment and the new modules in the upland describes the social layer of the design problem. On the one hand, there are people who had been living in the upland for many years, on the other hand, there are users who are after new experiences in nature. This controversial situation of which the consequences are not predictable, appear as a new layer of the design process.
The relationship between the natural texture and poetic landscape of the site and the proposed structures is another main determinant in the design process. Therefore, interfering with the minimum number of trees and finding an appropriate structural language while protecting the natural surface of the land was the real challenge of the project.
In terms of the construction techniques, some of the accustomed techniques and materials were impossible to use, so a research on appropriate techniques and materials had been conducted to reconsider old techniques.
Boluklu Upland Project Conceptual framing for Boluklu Upland project depends on the following points. · Interfere to the trees as minimum as possible · Locate the site without damaging the natural topography · Achieve easy production and construction by minding the feasibility of the...
- Year 2018
- Status Competition works
- Type Parks, Public Gardens / Hotel/Resorts / Wellness Facilities/Spas / Building Recovery and Renewal / Chalets, Mountains houses