Poject name: CENTRO CULTURAL ROBERTO CANTORAL
Project location: Coyoacán, México D.F.
Owner: Sociedad de Autores y Compositores de México
President Armando Manzanero Canché
Managing Director Roberto Cantoral Zucchi
Opening: June 7, 2012
Mentions: WAN Awards, Performing Spaces, Winner 2015, London, UK.
A’Design Awards 2014-2015, Gold Winner, Como, IT.
WAN London 2012 Awards Longlisted Project London, UK.
1st Prize "Obra del Año 2012" Edification Category. Mexico City, Mexico.
Architectural Design Company:
Partner in Charge:
José Luis Durán
Juan Manuel Vargas
Manager: Armando Serralde Castrejón
Manager: Nabor Castillo
Air Conditioning, Hydraulic and Sanitary Engineering
Company: Saad Acústica
Manager: Omar Saad
George Augspurger (Recording Studio only)
- 9287 sqm, 850 seats , 104 parking spaces for cars (persuading visitors to use other transportation media).
- 21 meters from the stage to the farther seat
- 1.05 meters between rows.
- Natural light inside the concert hall: saving annually 14,600kwh equal to 10 CO2 tons non emitted to atmosphere .
- Saving annually 75,600kwh because of the reduction of the air conditioning usage.
Waterless urinals usage:
- Saving approximately 88,000 lts/ year.
- In case of using this 88,000lts, other 1,170,000lts will be needed to clean them. This is equal to the consumption of water for 1,600 persons during a year.
- Compared to other concert halls, because of the building design, every year, 64.7 tons of CO2 won´t be emitted to the atmosphere, 90,000kwh will be saved and 88,000lts of water won´t be used.
Variable acoustic system:
- Capable of adjusting the reverberation time from 1 to 1.5 seconds, being allowed to have all concert types indistinctly.
Poject name: CENTRO CULTURAL ROBERTO CANTORALProject location: Coyoacán, México D.F.Owner: Sociedad de Autores y Compositores de México President Armando Manzanero Canché Managing Director Roberto Cantoral ZucchiOpening: June 7, 2012Mentions: WAN Awards, Performing Spaces, Winner 2015, London, UK.A’Design Awards 2014-2015, Gold Winner, Como, IT.WAN London 2012 Awards Longlisted Project London, UK.1st Prize "Obra del Año 2012" Edification...
- Year 2012
- Work finished in 2012
- Client Sociedad de Autores y Compositores de México
- Status Completed works
- Type Multi-purpose Cultural Centres / Concert Halls