Chez Lewkowicz is a French charcuterie delicatessen located in Ramat Hasharon, Israel. Founded by the grandson of the famous Lewkowicz from ‘la rue des rosier’ in Paris, France in 1928.
The overall goal was to bring the magic of the family business feeling, identified with the brand. Other:wise studio by Hili Lazarov and Roei Kadranel the designers, decided to divide the space into two functional parts: the kitchen- the preparation and service area , and the second area dedicated to display and sales.
The basic decision was to lower the ceiling in a diagonal element to create a "country home feeling" with white oak beams. The tight floor space influenced the shelving and display systems hand-made with industrial metal elements. The floor was covered with chocolate brown and off-white tiles that create a contrast to the white walls and ceiling.
The inspiration of the storage units was based on antique French style silhouettes laser cutting metal surfaces. The kitchen’s wooden doors were painted with a brush, and on top of them was laid a Carrera marble surface with two stainless steel sinks.
The sausage and traditional specialties are hanged vertically from iron rods in the old fashion way. The planning of the two ‘worlds’ in the deli creates a perfect balance between tradition and innovation in a recognizable language for this famous institution.
5 users love this project