The basic values of Zucchetti have always been innovation, design, and quality: the essential cornerstones that have guided the firm throughout its history. After an early phase manufacturing industrial valves and fittings, in 1950 the factory was converted to produce chrome sanitary taps. In the early 1950s the firm brought in Alfredo’s son Mario, an enlightened entrepreneur who went on to lead the company for nearly fifty years. Mario steered the company towards, technological and commercial advancement and major production development: he completed the large new headquarters at Gozzano (in the province of Novara) which he equipped with advanced manufacturing facilities, he exhibited the brand at the Milan trade fair and then, one by one, at all the other most important international trade fairs, Mario also opened the first Zucchetti export office, to conquer international markets engaged in the post-war reconstruction.
The first significant overseas contracts came in 1958: Canada and Australia became important new markets for the firm.
In 1970 was founded the second company of the Group, Zucchetti Mario S.p.A., specialized in hot forging of brass and other metal alloys. While Omez S.p.A. dedicated to molding of plastics, was established in 1983.
The seventies saw the company beat its own trail in the world of design. Mario Zucchetti, President of the emerging Zucchetti SPA, strongly believed in the importance of the design image of any product, as a synthesis of innovative technical and aesthetic values. He decided to call in Studio Nizzoli for the first single-control mixer produced in Italy.
In the eighties, Zucchetti also entered the world of communication, both on television and in the press, with the aim of building a strong, recognised brand. The company has never abandoned its communication using these media because it is fully aware of the importance of conveying its values and excellence.
With the turn of the century, the bathroom moved centre-stage, reflecting changes in society and culture as taste evolved in line with consumer sensitivity and the bathroom became the “bathing room”.
Attentive to changing sociological and man-made aspects, Zucchetti was one of the first to believe in investments in increasingly less traditional projects in terms of furnishing styles, meeting the demands of a public looking for desirable experiences rather than necessary objects.
This was why the company decided, in 2004, to avail of the strategic consultancy services of Ludovica+Roberto Palomba, new art directors of the brand and international trendsetters in the world of bathroom design.
And this same sphere of desirability in 2007 saw the birth of the Zucchetti.Kos project, following acquisition of Kos, a brand associated with the best production of high-level bathtubs and shower enclosures. A bathroom-world that shifts from a merely functionality level to one of sensation and physical seduction, giving rise to one of the most interesting, eclectic design realities linked to the bathroom sector.
After the extraordinary results achieved in the Italian and European markets, Zucchetti was strongly focused on internationalisation and in 2004 the firm opened a subsidiary in Poland, to develop the eastern European markets; in 2005 another subsidiary was opened in China to establish a presence in the Asian markets. In 2010, yet another was opened in the United States, a significant milestone for growth and establishment of the brand in a very important market for the company that confirmed how this vocation for internationalisation has always belonged to Italian design.
As one of Italy’s historic design brands, Zucchetti is recognised worldwide as a symbol of products that bear the “Made in Italy” label. For the Shanghai World Expo in 2010, an event of enormous scope that will attract worldwide attention, Zucchetti, the leader in tapware, has been appointed exclusive supplier for the Italian Pavilion, where its extremely high-quality and innovative products will represent Italian excellence.
- Address Via Molini di Resiga, 29, 28024 Gozzano | Italy
- Tel +39 322 954700
- Fax +39 322 954822
Zucchetti’s success story first began in a small foundry in Valduggia (in the province of Vercelli) set up by Alfredo Zucchetti in 1929. Today the Zucchetti. Kos Group, led by Elena and Carlo, with cousins Marco and Paolo Zucchetti, consists of 4 factories and a logistics centre covering a total of 72,000 square metres, employing 400 people and producing 2 million articles every year. The basic values of Zucchetti have always been innovation, design, and quality: the essential cornerstones...