Masseria Cimino is a Manor farm with Tower built in the 18th century. It is located just a few metres from the sea and adjacent to the archaeological site of the ancient Roman City of Egnatia, dating back to the 6th century BC.
The ancient blocks of stone employed for the perimeter walls of Egnatia were reused in the 1700's to build Masseria Cimino, an example of early sustainable architecture! Indeed the walls of the manor house still clearly bear markings dating back to the Ancient Roman period.
Masseria Cimino, surrounded by vegetable gardens and centuries-old olive groves, was at the centre of a large agricultural centre specialised in growing and preserving the farm produce.
The farm's outbuildings housed the agricultural products processing centres. Part of the main building was used as accommodation for the farm hands and as an occasional residence of the landowner, like most manor farms in Puglia.
In 2001 the San Domenico Golf club, an 18-hole golf course with splendid views of the Adriatic Sea, was built around the Manor house. In 2005 Masseria Cimino was completely restored, with great care being taken to preserve the original structure, the architectural features and in full respect of the original materials, shapes and colours.
Masseria Cimino, has 15 rooms of which some located in the ancient tower and others in the renovated farmhouses overlooking the recently unearthed archaeological site of the ancient Roman city of Egnazia. The walls of the ancient city also mark the boundary of the property.