Zadoun Jalal. Ducado Investment S.L.
Altea Hills. Altea. Alicante
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ....
1. Most Important Goals
Building a unique home with a high level of thermal self-regulation, with the additional problem that the environment is hot, and ownership wanted a large glass and a glass pyramid on the central courtyard of the house.
Integrate the bioclimatic house in an area with a steep slope.
2. Architectural Solution
The house has four levels. The lowest level is the garage, completely buried underground. The second level is a games room with access to the outside by the south face. The third level is the living area of the home, including lounge, dining room, kitchen and guest rooms. This level also has direct access to land, the south face. Also central to this floor has a glass floor to allow natural light downstairs. The fourth level is the bedroom area of housing, including the bedrooms of the same.
Due to the steep terrain, the four levels of housing are in contact with the ground in the rear. Right here is where lies the central courtyard which provides light and ventilation to all floors.
The land is terraced in order to integrate all the plants to the ground, and that may have horizontal space for recreation, gardens and pool. Thus, the house seems to emerge from the soil, and is perfectly integrated with it.
The roof garden of the house is tightly integrated with the ground. This will create a huge roof terrace with magnificent views of the coast of Altea.
3. Most important innovations
- System architecture refresh, using tunnels and a double wall containment of land high thermal inertia.
- Covered patio design can cool the house in summer or heating in winter. The patio provides plenty of light to housing, but does not heat in summer. This is because solar radiation can heat the air inside, but outside air is evacuated very quickly due to strong chimney effect created. The cool air generated in the tunnels through the house continuously, and out of the yard, sucked down the chimney effect created in the glazed top of it.
- System of solar radiant floor heating with water tank with multiple outlets. Which optimizes the thermal performance and reduces the number of necessary thermal captors.
- De-humidification system based on silica gel trays, arranged in the geothermal system refresh architectural housing.
- The architectural complex is self-sufficient in water. That is, does not connect to the systems of municipal water supply (although they have maintained in order to have an alternative source of water, if necessary).
The water required for human consumption, human hygiene, irrigation of crops and irrigation of green areas is obtained from several complementary sources:
The property has a probe to extract water from underground aquifers. The water thus obtained is filtered and purified to become unfit for human consumption.
- Water from rain
Rainwater that falls on housing is collected and stored in an underground tank. The water is filtered and purified to become unfit for human consumption.
- Recycling of greywater
Greywater from the house is filtered and stored in warehouses located for this purpose in each of the buildings. The water thus obtained is filtered and purified to become unfit for human consumption.
But above all we must mention that the house has been designed to consume very little water. Are arranged in water-saving appliances, a drip irrigation system in the garden, native species that need little water, and especially the use of materials that require little cleaning or maintenance.
5 users love this project