The aquapura douro valley is open since june 2007. it is located in northern portugal, on the south bank of the douro river, overlooking the river’s dark green waters and the terraced vineyards, in a valley that was classified as world heritage by unesco in 2001.
Aquapura: a new concept in hotels
Aquapura douro valley is the first property of aquapura hotels & spa and resulted in a new concept in luxury hotels that will be applied to future aquapura hotels worldwide.
Water, «aqua» is the central element in all projects. excellence and authenticity are equally important for the concept of aquapura hotels villas & spa, always choosing locations of exceptional beauty «pura».
The main idea behind all the developments is to create properties with the following characteristics: hotels with 50 to 80 bedrooms, 20 to 50 villas a luxurious spa, the true heart of each resort.
Aquapura Hotels Villas & Spa is owned by:
- Gespura, a portuguese holding company directed by Diogo Vaz Guedes, with expertise in the following areas: recycling energy (enerpura), real estate investment and building rehabilitation (artepura) and luxury hotels (aquapura);
- Miguel Simões De Almeida, a well known professional in the hotel industry;
- privado holding
- António Mexia, president of edp (main portuguese electricity supplier).
In the next four years, aquapura hotels villas & spa will open hotels in brazil, in the alentejo (portugal), in prague and in macedonia.
A few minutes away from peso da régua, and about an hour from oporto, aquapura douro valley is located in the heart of a beautiful region of terraced vineyards and an ever-flowing river. vines grow in this privileged valley, endowed with sunshine and a very particular climate, thus originating in the production of great wines, apart from the remarkable ports, for which the region is known worldwide.
Located in a beautiful manor house, the «quinta vale de abraão», which was built by a port wine producer in the 19th century, aquapura douro valley is a beautiful blend of traditional architecture and contemporary interior design. in this hotel the architect luis rebelo de andrade has harmoniously combined the beauty of an old building with the purity of modern lines.
In vale de abraão, which inspired the homonym film by famous portuguese director manoel de oliveira, aquapura douro valley turned into a true haven where one can be pampered in perfect tranquillity and excellence.
A member of «small luxury hotels of the world», aquapura douro valley:
a hotel of 50 rooms, including 9 suites, 21 private villas, a spa of
In a refined décor where carefully chosen materials and exotic art objects enhance each others’ beauty, each space and each bedroom is unique. nini andrade silva, the interior designer responsible for aquapura douro valley interiors, was inspired by the colours of the douro region and asian luxury.
Bedrooms (50 to 80 m²) include warm colours such as bordeaux, which accentuate the purity of soft greys and whites. pure lines, vast sofas, delicate lighting, all contribute to an atmosphere where serenity reigns. views over the vineyards are sights to be enjoyed from bedroom terraces or from the numerous panoramic windows. spa treatments on demand are also available in a number of bedrooms located in the spa wing.
Suites (80 to 165 m²), in a décor of white, beige and black, are framed by beautiful panoramic views embracing the vines and the river.
All rooms are equipped with the latest technology, such as wifi and ip telephones. Aquapura douro valley’s library is an area of comfort and tranquillity where soft chocolate and grey sofas invite to total relaxation. facing a superb terrace overlooking the douro, guests can relax, dream or read, while enjoying a good selection of drinks. Aquapura douro valley also welcomes companies and incentives wishing to hold meetings, seminars or other activities. staff members will ensure that everything is provided for at such events. six meeting rooms can accommodate groups up to 95 people, whilst all necessary support devices/services are available: telecommunications, photocopies, internet, e-mail, computers, secretarial services, airplane reservations, amongst others.
Consisting of one, two or three floors, with one, two or three bedrooms, with areas from 140m² to 234m², villas’ interior design is by Giano Gonçalves. He to created an elegant décor, uniting classical style and the warmth of wood with the brilliance of chrome, whilst playing with geometric lines. giano gonçalves mixed warm colours, such as chocolate brown, with the purity of white and grey. large sofas facing vast chimneys make one’s dream of evenings spent around a fireplace.
There are two types of villas available:
the villas douro (14 villas) overlook the river, include private pools, decks and garage.
The villas vinha (7 villas) are located in the vineyards and share a pool and deck, but have private gardens.
These villas can be sold to private owners who, apart from enjoying them for a certain number of weeks per year, can also have them managed by the hotel with an interesting return on investment. Villas owners and guests are also entitled to make full use of all hotel’s and spa’s facilities.
In an environment dominated by water, aquapura spa welcomes you to an enchanting world of harmony, sophistication and pure beauty.
Awards and recognitions:
- member of “small luxury hotels of the world”;
- “hideaways” magazine – list of the best resorts in the world;
- “expresso” newspaper – chave de platina (“the best hotel in portugal 2008”);
- tatler 2009 travel guide - top 101 hotels in the world;
- prize new private project 2009 from turismo de portugal ip;
- 2008 landscape architecture national prize, in the category of private gardens – promoted by the « arquitecturas » newspaper and in partnership with the landscape architecture portuguese association (APAP), this prize aims at annually distinguishing the best exterior projects completed in the last five years;
- nominated to the design awards travel + leisure;
- nominated to the savers awards condé nast traveler (eco-friendly hotels);
- “diário economico” newspaper/iscte – excellency prize 2010;
- for “hotelaria, imobiliária, turismo e lazer” as well as the 3rd prize 2010 amongst all portuguese small and micro-companies;
- exame magazine – 2010 best companies to work in Portugal - 25th position;
- 2010 best hotels to work in Portugal – 2nd position;
- nominated to the best hotel in Portugal 2010 - publituris magazine.
27 users love this project