Hypo Headquarters

with Gerhard Hörburger Bregenz / Austria / 2008

0
0 Love 12 Visits Published

The bank currently occupies the historic site of the Montfort hotel that was built in 1877. The regional Parliament of Vorarlberg settled there first and the architect Willibald Braun designed a neo-classic extension in 1921. When the Parliament moved out in 1984, postmodern style offices and a shopping center with a passage that leads towards the downtown area were designed to replace the most ancient part. In 2008, Hypo Landesbank Vorarlberg launched a restructuring project of the complex in order to install its headquarters there. The two buildings cohabit harmoniously, in open contrast, simply connected by a narrow vertical glazed band.
The bank was developed on four floors, with a rooftop terrace. The ground floor, entirely glazed, offers transparencies to the public areas. The central circulation path connects the various office floors and makes it possible to reach the old Parliament hall and the management offices through a patio. The new facades can be distinguished by their horizontal lines and anthracite window frames projecting from the ivory envelope.

0 users love this project
Comments
    comment
    user
    Enlarge image

    The bank currently occupies the historic site of the Montfort hotel that was built in 1877. The regional Parliament of Vorarlberg settled there first and the architect Willibald Braun designed a neo-classic extension in 1921. When the Parliament moved out in 1984, postmodern style offices and a shopping center with a passage that leads towards the downtown area were designed to replace the most ancient part. In 2008, Hypo Landesbank Vorarlberg launched a restructuring project of the complex in...

    Project details
    • Year 2008
    • Work started in 2007
    • Work finished in 2008
    • Status Completed works
    • Type Office Buildings / Corporate Headquarters
    Archilovers On Instagram