Design: MDA architecture
Architects: Vu Van Minh, Pham Hong Duc
Design team: Than Tien Hoang, Tran Bang, Luu Thien Tai, Nhan Kiet.
Location: Nguyen Ngoc Phuong, Ward 19th, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City
Construction area: 37 m2
Year of completion: 2017
Photo: Quang Tran
- 3.5 x 9.9 House is a housing project designed for a family of two generations.
- Located next to a canal of the Saigon River, the house has a West facing facade, that directly points to the city's zoo: Thao Cam Vien which always provide a calm and greenish-view whenever look outside of the house
- Since this type of housing design is quite common in Vietnam. Therefore, to avoid repetition, we created an extra layer composed mainly of concrete and brick shells that cover the outside of the house which makes it stand out from the others. These unique additions not only provide the cosmetic look for the house but also to take advantage of natural lights since the inside of the brick shells are small boxes that allow sunlight to penetrates through this makes the house always full of light
- The living room, kitchen and dining space are pushed up to the 2nd floor to utilize the benefits that nature provides such as canal view and natural wind
- To cope with the extreme heat during sunset, the courtyards are pushed forward to create a buffer that blocks direct sunlight from entering the house, this also creates privacy. In addition, large pots of plants are also used to absorb the remaining heat from the sun, making the interiors always at a
Design: MDA architectureArchitects: Vu Van Minh, Pham Hong DucDesign team: Than Tien Hoang, Tran Bang, Luu Thien Tai, Nhan Kiet.Location: Nguyen Ngoc Phuong, Ward 19th, Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh CityConstruction area: 37 m2Year of completion: 2017Photo: Quang Tran - 3.5 x 9.9 House is a housing project designed for a family of two generations.- Located next to a canal of the Saigon River, the house has a West facing facade, that directly points to the city's zoo: Thao Cam Vien...
- Year 2017
- Work finished in 2017
- Status Completed works
- Type Single-family residence / Interior Design