Generator is making its Roman debut on Via Principe Amedeo, a short walk from the Colosseum and Termini Station. The new property, housed in an elegant 1900s residential building, features a café, bar, lounge and spectacular rooftop terrace - truly encompassing the experiential spirit of a Generator hostel.
Featuring 75 Rooms and 174 beds, Generator Rome has a boutique feel with a youthful edge. The eclectic neighborhood, historic building and lively location all lend to the distinctive Generator vibe. Experience is key - from locally-inspired design, to curated music and creative bars and restaurants.
- The rooftop terrace boasts breathtaking views of Rome’s skyline, combining vistas of an ancient Roman aqueduct, lively rooftops and the glistening raw industrial steel of the Termini railway station.
- The inviting, open plan lobby is programmed with live music, DJ sets and local art; including a mural by famous Italian street artist, Lucamaleonte.
- The bright and airy café features oak floors, distressed plaster and light bentwood furniture, with communal tables to enjoy food ‘family style’ just like the locals do – when in Rome….
- The eclectic design of the hostel is a direct reflection of the local neighborhood, and takes inspiration from Italian culture to create a vibrant, welcoming environment.
Generator Rome is located in one of the oldest areas in the city, the Esquilino neighborhood, which has a distinctive old school feel. Embrace the cinematic streetscapes, leading to picturesque squares, churches, parks and a vast array of bars, cafes and pizzerias alongside authentic local markets. Take tips from Generator hostel staff in exploring this vibrant community atop one of the city’s famed seven hills, as well as strolling out to the world-famous sights of Rome.
The hostel café and bar showcases a wide variety of Rome’s fresh, Italian produce. Using local suppliers and the rich culinary history of the area, the menus take inspiration from street food culture to offer an exciting eating experience.
Toronto-based DesignAgency has transformed the interior; looking to Rome’s rich history for inspiration, and combining these design ideals with a nod to ancient Roman trade routes – open-air, industrial style bars, wicker furniture, ceiling fans and banana leaf wallpaper adorn the communal spaces, conjuring up the old world in a modern reincarnation.
“Rome is a must-have destination for Generator,” says Chief Executive Fredrik Korallus, “continuing our expansion into some of the most exciting cities of Europe. Complementing our well-established property in Venice, we are now bringing the Generator spirit to Rome; inspired design, engaging social spaces, relaxed food, friendly service and a high-energy, dynamic social experience, where society can meet, engage, share and have fun .”
Generator is making its Roman debut on Via Principe Amedeo, a short walk from the Colosseum and Termini Station. The new property, housed in an elegant 1900s residential building, features a café, bar, lounge and spectacular rooftop terrace - truly encompassing the experiential spirit of a Generator hostel. Generator RomeFeaturing 75 Rooms and 174 beds, Generator Rome has a boutique feel with a youthful edge. The eclectic neighborhood, historic building and lively location all lend to...
- Year 2016
- Work finished in 2016
- Status Completed works
- Type Hotel/Resorts / Tourist Facilities / Interior Design