The entire region has a great potential for tourism: the vastness of the unique natural landscapes and the ancient troubled history of its peoples are the centrepiece of a great potential interest.
The complex is situated on the normal ascent route of the mountain, on the immense southern glacier, a few hundred meters from the historic refuge Priut 11, destroyed by fire in the 1990s and never rebuilt.
The new station accommodation is structured with four completely prefabricated buildings. The modular structures were designed and manufactured in Italy by LEAPfactory, and then transported to Russia. The installation on the slopes of the Mount Elbrus took place in a few days in July; the modules were transported by helicopter and assembled by a team of highly trained technicians from the company.
In the first days of September, after the final set-up of the technological systems the Eco-Hotel has been opened for activities.
LEAPrus 3912 in brief
• altitude: 4.000 meters above sea level
• 49 beds, living area, restaurant with kitchen, toilets, reception and staff accommodation
• 3 separate LEAPs1 units, with synthetic composite shells
• 2 newly designed s2 type units, with natural composite shells, in which the toilets, the
biological depurifier and the sophisticated technological systems are housed
• timing for the project realisation: 10 months in total, just 20 days after positioning “in situ”
before the opening to the public.
The installation of LEAPrus 3912 was developed on behalf of the North Caucasus Mountain Club, a Russian company which is responsible for the development of tourism of the mountainous region in the North of the Russian Caucasus; LEAPrus 3912 is the first stage in the complete reorganisation of hospitality on Mount Elbrus. The entire region has a great potential for tourism: the vastness of the unique natural landscapes and the ancient troubled history of its peoples are the centrepiece of a...
- Year 2013
- Work finished in 2013
- Client North Caucasus Mountain Club
- Status Completed works
- Type Tourist Facilities / Modular/Prefabricated housing / Refuges