It is optimum building techniques and logistic processes as well as the highest quality construction itself that determine the success of such an image project. We have set this demanding challenge ourselves as we wanted to construct an arena full of superlatives and won the project against 28 internationally renowned applicants. This project is a milestone in the company’s development.
The most modern and architecturally striking football arena in Europe was built in just 30 months. Designed by the Swiss architects Jacques Herzog and Pierre de Meuron, the stadium offers space for 66,000 spectators.
Equipped with a range of gastronomic and themed experiences, a day-care centre, shops selling fan merchandise, office and conference rooms as well as a large media area, it has the feel of a small town.
- Smooth exterior with diamond-shaped translucent cladding.
- The membranes on the roof and exterior are self-cleaning, continuously ventilated and weigh only a thirtieth of the amount glass weighs.
- The translucent exterior can be lit up with 4,000 specially developed red, blue and white lights.
- Seamless multi-storey car park construction on a surface area of 240 x 140 m. The car park is the biggest in Europe and offers space for approx. 9,800 cars.
- Worldwide unique and uniform stadium seats for standard tip-up seats, VIP seats and box seats. Coated in silver, these seats reflect different colours depending on the light.
- The roof comprises 2,784 air cushions.
- The membrane is only 0.2 mm thick. It is the largest membrane roof covering in the world.
- Construction work: Planning and complete construction of stadium
- Seating: 66000, completely covered
- Stadium construction: 230.000m² with 7 levels
- Exterior and roof: 64.000m²
- Concrete: over 200.000m³
- Steel: approx. 45.000 tons
35 users love this project