The land was subdivided from a larger property, which contained an existing historically listed house designed and lived in by the NZ Government Architect John Campbell in the early 1900’s. The new house is arranged to be lower and more subservient to the original house while at the same time relating to it formally. The site is small, tight and steep with many local authority restrictions and the new house was required to fit within these. The resultant dwelling fully maximizes the site....
- Year 2008
- Work finished in 2008
- Main structure Reinforced concrete
- Client Private
- Contractor Hanns Construction
- Status Completed works
- Type Single-family residence / Recovery/Restoration of Historic Buildings