Palais de justice

Sion / Switzerland / 2010

4
4 Love 187 Visits Published

The building has been conceived as the palace of culture in 1891, in 1982 changed his function, becoming the new courthouse. Today, a reform of the federal court in Valais and staff increases led logically to a reallocation of the premises.


This conversion and renovation is located in the east wing of the building. The project needs to adapt to current safety regulations (fire and police): this turns out to be an opportunity to reconsider the character of the common spaces of the building.


 


The T-shaped corridors were partitioned with translucent glass dividers and given carpeted floors and rough plaster walls. To restore the original character of the corridors, the walls are painted in smooth blue, the colour of justice, and the floor is covered with sanded mineral screed. The dividers in the hallways are clear glass to keep the continuity of space.


The attic, previously unoccupied, is arranged to create new workspaces. Skylights are grouped to let in more natural light. The space is partitioned only by transparent glass and extends over the entire floor.

4 users love this project
Comments
    comment
    Enlarge image

    The building has been conceived as the palace of culture in 1891, in 1982 changed his function, becoming the new courthouse. Today, a reform of the federal court in Valais and staff increases led logically to a reallocation of the premises. This conversion and renovation is located in the east wing of the building. The project needs to adapt to current safety regulations (fire and police): this turns out to be an opportunity to reconsider the character of the common spaces of the...

    Lovers 4 users