Soho House & Co has opened (17 October 2016) its new House in Barcelona located in the Gothic Quarter. Soho House Barcelona is set in a striking 19th century building in the historic Duke of Medinaceli Square, overlooking Port Vell marina. The House has 57 bedrooms, club spaces, a roof terrace, Cowshed spa, a gym and two heated pools.
The first Soho House opened in 1995 as a home from home for those in the creative industries. The group has carefully expanded to include Houses across Europe and North America, as well as restaurants, cinemas, spas and hotels.
The design of the new House has been spearheaded by Nick Jones, the in house design team managing director Vicky Charles and European design director James Waterworth. Inspiration was taken from classic Catalan design, with gothic architecture influences and double-height, vaulted ceilings. Bedrooms have a modern but rustic look, with lots of warm, Mediterranean colours and traditional Spanish patterned textiles. Bathrooms feel light and simple with local tiles and vintage bronze fittings. Furnishings throughout the House are a mix of mid-century European pieces with local antiques and custom-made designs from the Soho House team.
Just a 25-minute drive from Barcelona airport, the House features a collection of restaurants, a fully equipped Cowshed Active gym with House Ride spinning classes and a yoga studio, as well as a 36-seat screening room. When staying in the bedrooms, guests may use the private members’ spaces. Soho House Barcelona also houses a Cecconi’s restaurant and a Cowshed Relax spa with an indoor heated pool – both of which are open to the general public.
Every month the House events team organises member events covering tech, business, food and drink, art, design, fashion, film and music. Previous Soho House member events have included an intimate gig with Mary J Blige, ‘Fashion for Breakfast’ with Victoria Beckham and ‘Summer Sessions’ with Disclosure on Shoreditch House roof.
Soho House Barcelona includes:
- 57 bedrooms: Each room has one off furniture and artwork, rainforest showers and Cowshed products. Bedrooms are available for both members and non-members.
- Cecconi’s: A public restaurant originating in Mayfair, London, with sister restaurants in Berlin, Miami Beach and West Hollywood. It is open seven days a week, seating up to 110, serving a classic Italian menu. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner from Monday to Sunday, Aperitivo Italiano Monday to Friday from 6pm to 8pm, as well as a Sunday Feast brunch. Cecconi’s also has a private dining space, with a lounge and bar.
- The Club Floor: Located on the 5th floor for members to eat, drink, meet, socialise and relax. Open all day and night, the club space has a lounge area and a bar with outdoor seating. The menu is inspired by the Mediterranean, with locally sourced ingredients. The club serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner and late night drinks. The club also has The Marina Room, a dedicated space for member events looking out over Port Vell marina.
- The rooftop: With views to the sea and the city. The rooftop has a heated pool with beds, a bar and a lounge seating area where food is served from breakfast through to dinner.
- A 36-seat screening room: The room has velvet upholstered armchairs and footstools and screens pre-released and independent movies every day for members.
- Cowshed Relax spa: Located on the lower lobby, the spa is available to both members and non-members. The design is based on a traditional Spanish pharmacy and has four treatment rooms, four mani-pedi stations, and an indoor heated pool.
- A Cowshed Active gym: Fully equipped gym open to members and hotel guests. The facilities include a workout studio, House Ride classes, a yoga studio, a steam room, laundry facilities, and a House Press juice bar.
- The Green Room: A speakeasy open from Friday to Sunday from 11pm through to 2am. The room can be used for parties and cocktails and is located in the lower lobby.
Soho House & Co has opened (17 October 2016) its new House in Barcelona located in the Gothic Quarter. Soho House Barcelona is set in a striking 19th century building in the historic Duke of Medinaceli Square, overlooking Port Vell marina. The House has 57 bedrooms, club spaces, a roof terrace, Cowshed spa, a gym and two heated pools. The first Soho House opened in 1995 as a home from home for those in the creative industries. The group has carefully expanded to include Houses across...
- Year 2016
- Work finished in 2016
- Status Completed works
- Type Hotel/Resorts / Tourist Facilities / Interior Design