The programme´s urban location and ambition meant we had to plan and design a project capable of becoming a landmark within the community, a place where people can meet and exchange, a place that is open to its environment. The building fits nicely into its surroundings and reinforces its role as a public facility. Its shape and size are ideal for a nursery school and blend harmoniously with the surrounding buildings.
We set a comprehensive strategy with two complementary objectives:
- to produce a composition in volume and size that can offer a standalone interpretation of the programmes and their accesses.
- To establish a connection between the school as a community and its new urban facade facing Carnot Boulevard.
The project is part of a broader exercise to optimise overall costs and the implementation of environmental and sustainable development practices. It is to be carried out according to the objectives approved by the city of Paris against global warming, 50 KWh/m3 /yr.
Our discussions during the study and execution phases have focused on several aspects:
- The programmes technical requirements
- Adequacy of the project’s architectural design
- Sustainability and optimization of construction, operation, maintenance and cost of materials
- Optimization of return on investment costs in terms of operations and maintenance
- Optimization of technical installations´ maintenance.