Tabanlıoğlu Architects was established by Arch. Murat Tabanlıoğlu in collaboration with Dr. Hayati Tabanlıoğlu in 1990; Arch. Melkan Gürsel Tabanlıoğlu joined the group in 1995. Employing more then 80 architects and 20 administrative staff members, Tabanlioglu head office is located in Istanbul, Turkey.
During the first period of the company, 1956-1990, Dr. Hayati Tabanlıoğlu accomplished major state buildings in Turkey, such as Erzurum Atatürk University (1958-1970), Atatürk Cultural Center Istanbul (1956-1977), Istanbul Atatürk Airport (1969-1984), and several pioneering works like the first shopping mall in the country: Galleria Shopping Center (1986).
During the second period (1990 to present) the company’s scope and portfolio has enhanced, providing services worldwide; in architecture, consulting, master planning, interior design and coordination of related services such as engineering and restoration.