- Address Vuelta del Castillo, 5 Ático, 31007 Pamplona | Spain
Born in Navarre in 1957, Francisco Mangado graduated from the University of Navarre in 1982. He has been Guest Professor at Harvard and Eero Saarinen Visiting Professor at Yale, and is currently Visiting Professor at EPFL-Lausanne. Since 1982 he has been teaching at Pamplona’s School of Architecture. In June 2008 he set up the Fundación Arquitectura y Sociedad. The awards he has received include the UIA’s Giancarlo Ius Gold Medal at the 4th Barbara Cappochin Biennial, the García Mercadal Prize, and the National Architecture Prize of Spain’s National Council of Architects’ Associations, all these in 2009 and for the Spanish Pavilion at Expo Zaragoza 2008. That year, his Archaeology Museum in Vitoria capped the Copper in Architecture Award in London, and in March 2010 it won First Prize in the Basque-Navarrese Architects awards. In December 2011 the Royal Institute of British Architects made him a RIBA International Fellow. Notable among Mangado’s works are the Baluarte Auditorium in Pamplona, the Place Pey Berland in Bordeaux, the Congress Center of Ávila, the Archaeology Museum of Vitoria, the Football Stadium of Palencia, the New Technologies Training Center of Galicia, an Office Building for Gamesa Eólica in Sarriguren, the Spanish Pavilion at Expo 2008 in Zaragoza, the Equestrian Center in Ultzama, Navarre and the Auditorium of Teulada. Works under construction include the Congress Center of Palma de Mallorca and the Fine Arts Museum of Asturias in Oviedo.